Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Tell Me your dreams

Have you ever sat back and thought about the dreams that you have? No i am not talking about the ones that stem from your ambitions, your desires, your goals etc. I refer more to the sudden unconnected chain that props up most unexpectedly in your deepest of slumbers, and leaves you wondering what it exactly was?

One of my own favorite pass times is to sit back and think about such dreams that have remained etched in my memory. I always like to think about how they would have come, because i do think dreams are always a manifestation of something you perhaps have been thinking of, even if only in your sub-consciousness. And yet try as i might sometimes it just doesnt make sense as to where it came from.

Let me try and describe some of the dreams of which i have no clue why they occur. Some of them are amusing, some terrifying and some downright disgusting.

1) Let me begin with one that though has not occurred in a long time now, always sends a shiver down my spine whenever i think of it. As a young kid, i always had this dream, wherein i was falling, falling from a great height, and just when i was to hit hard solid ground, i would wake up, in a sweat. I never could relate it to anything. I mean everytime i had this dream, i would try and think of how and why did i fall. And i never did have any idea. And this was a recurring dream, which kept resurfacing every now and then. Now it has been some time since i have had this dream, but whenever i think of it, i still get the goosebumps.

2) I have had dreams of my close and loved ones suddenly dying. and somehow i see myself standing alone, yet absolutely dispassionate, as if death was the most mechanical and matter of fact thing to have happened. and i hate this dream. because it makes me hate my own self, to be seeing my those i love go away from me, and yet be so nonchalant about it. Paints a gory picture of my own self.

3) I do have my share of amusing dreams too. Once i dreamt i was getting married, and on the day of the ceremony i see my bride to be all upset and weeping. Why? because she lost one of her shoes, or rather someones stolen one of her shoes. So i am now runnin around looking for that one shoe here and there, and i finally manage to locate it, and when i give it to her, her eyes light up like anything. Woosh. thats about it. Funny eh? of all the things one would like to be seen doing on his big day, this really wouldnt be the thing to do. And try as i might like to see what this meant, i have no idea where i got this one from. It was like a bolt from the blue, and it had me laughing the whole day.

4) i have dreamt of trying to reach the end of the universe. And i never reach it. Because somewhere it completely shuts off the imagination, when you start to think of what is the boundary, what lies beyond the boundary and what beyond that beyond. Its like an overwhelming sense of emptiness that engulfs me each time i dream this. and i feel so small, tucked away in a remote corner of this universe.

Of course there are so many other things one dreams of, related to events and happenings in ones life. Most of them you can connect to something. But some like the above, remain just as unconnected and an enigma as you could think of. only to leave you in a state of trance everytime you that dream.

Dreamer is a self-confessed expert on interpreting dreams. he really is able to think through a lot of them, and give reasons that would amaze you. Maybe someday ill ask him to interpret some of my intriguing dreams for a change. But not now. sometime later.

As of now, would like to tell me your dreams?

3 comments:

Dreamer said...

I don't know if this makes you feel good or bad, but I can see through all your dreams. Are they disconnected? No they are not.

Write me when you need to know about your dreams.

do give me a chance to tell you your dreams sometime.

KB said...

well...the funniest dreams i had was when the whole indian cricket team was chasing me and my mother with knives and stones.specially anil kumble and ganguly on a 'humara bajaj' scooter.

and ya am definitely not bluffing. i actually dreamt this.

have been looking for the interpretation of this one for quite sometime. dreamer,can you help me out?

Dreamer said...

Hi Princess, unfortunately the interpretation of ur dream isn't any funny.

Its a typical chase dream one can have (especially a woman) when she has anxiety in her waking life.

It represents your approach of dealing with such anxieties. That is by running away from them instead of confronting them.

The chaser is basically representation of one feeling within you which you are running from.

knife signifies agression or separation,
stone signifies strength.
mother signifies the nurturing aspect of your own character.
scooter signifies enjoyment of state of power.

So combining these, you and your nurturing self are running from a strong feeling inside you. The feeling is also trying to impose its strength on you and maybe create a division between you are your nurturing self.

The strong feeling is currently enjoying dominance within you. The subject of that strong feeling is on you to deduce. It depends on the way you look at kumble and ganguly.

If they are celebrities for you (who have a good image in your mind), then the hero in you is trying to takeover the soft fragile person in you. Perhaps you are trying to supress the softer self within you.

find the exact image you carry about them and interpret your dream.