Thursday, July 13, 2006

Polka Dots

Polka dotted pyjamas colored pink,
could they ever make me think,
put me completly on the brink,
leave me without food and drink???
and yet today, the polka dots,
as i call them have brought,
a state from which run i cannot,
it all began on one sunny friday,
with me and my freind chatting away,
when suddenly to me it struck,
the polka dots might have gone bust,
leaving their owner in the dust,
i asked my freind if she was aware,
or a part of the conspiracy that was dared,
she said she knew not what i said,
was upset with the whole episode instead,
so dear were the polka dots to her too,
so a search we decided to do,
from BOM to BANG,
to the revered land,
the best of agencies the best of the troops,

marched with us boot to boot,
countries and lands we traversed,
in the search that cost us dollars,
we had no luck we had no success,
but give up we could not,
the future rested on our search we thought,
and then came the big judgement day,
when we thought we had found our way,
the dots had been spotted at a strip miles away,
However elation was not to be,
it was rumour we were made to believe,
but we know thats not true,
there were there for a moment sure,
but like the mystic who comes and goes,
they vanished without any show,
leaving their admirers on their toes,
Till today the polka dots remain,
a treasure we searched in vain.
and yet now sometimes at night,
i wake and look to my left and to my right,
coz the dots call up to me to come and see,
in all their resplendant glory to thee,
its a mission that start afresh i must,
find the polka dots i must,
will you my dear freind lend me a hand,
to restore the old glory to that band,
of the good old Polka Dots.



No comments: